UCSB Parking and Transportation Services
If you plan to drive to campus learn more about parking permits. Check out the free Graduate Night & Weekend Pass. The free pass allows parking on campus for graduate students Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. the next morning, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
The Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) serves those who commute to UCSB by foot, skateboard, bicycle, bus, carpool, vanpool or train.
Biking is the main mode of transportation for UCSB students. If you live within two miles of campus, you cannot get a day parking permit (unless you work more than 45% time), so bring a bike with you or look for a used one on Craigslist.
All public transportation is easily accessible by MTD bus lines.
- City Buses (MTD): Registered UCSB students may ride the bus for free with valid student ID.
- Greyhound Bus: located in the Train Depot next to the Amtrak station downtown.
- Amtrak: there are two local stations, one in Goleta and another downtown on lower State Street.
- Airlines: the Santa Barbara Airport is adjacent to the UCSB campus.
- Santa Barbara Airbus: local transportation to LAX and Burbank Airports. Charters, play & concert connections, and much more.
Other Transportation Options
Here are a few other options: