In a continuing effort to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the community, Chancellor Yang announced on Saturday, March 14, that the UC Santa Barbara campus will be transitioning to remote instruction for the remainder of Winter and all of Spring Quarter. In light of these developing events and preventive measures, we are announcing that the GSA Lounge will be closed and not accepting any reservations until further notice.
GSA has a standing reservation on the first Tuesday of each month from 5pm to 9pm for its monthly Assembly Meeting, beginning at 6pm. Graduate students have 24 access to the lounge as a study space. Please be aware that graduate students have the right to be using the space at all times, even when the lounge has been booked for a specific event. There is no fee to rent the lounge.
Who can book the lounge?
Only current UCSB graduate students may book the GSA lounge.
We accept reservations from:
- Official graduate student organizations
- Official UCSB organizations if they have a graduate student member who arranges and assumes responsibility for the lounge booking
- Groups of 5 or more graduate students who are hosting an event/meeting/gathering/etc. (e.g. study groups, writing groups, TA planning sessions)
Reservation request info
Reservation requests are accepted in person or by email. It may take up to 48 hours to receive a response to requests. Lounge use is allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Only UC Santa Barbara graduate students may reserve the GSA Lounge. You may make a lounge request in person with a GSA Lounge staff person during the GSA Lounge Hours of Operation, or you may email with a copy and paste of the following 8 items below, complete with your information:
- Your first and last name
- Status as Undergrad or Graduate Student
- Organization name (if applicable)
- OSL account number (if applicable)
- Day requested
- Time of day requested (beginning and end time)
- Number of guests expected
- Description of event